Diversity, equity, and inclusion is a regular discussion point and generally agreed to be of importance in the sector. However, significant strides still must be taken to deliver real change and impact.
- Women are just 20% of executive committees globally
- A 32% progression gap has been reported for Black people from lower socio-economic backgrounds in the financial services sector
- The Women in Finance Charter, a UK HM Treasury initiative to increase female representation has emphasised the importance of building internal pipelines, rather than simply relying on recruitment to increase diversity
- Britain’s financial watchdog will publish requirements for improving ethnic diversity in finance.
We are pleased to have partnered with financial services organisations to make a real impact.
- Deploying inclusion data to create wider opportunities at the Bank of England
- Launching employee resource networks at Cinven
- Engaging senior leaders at the Royal Bank of Canada
- Sharing the need for inclusivity with HSBC
Using evidential data and embedding D&I into the way financial services does day-to-day business, leaders in the sector can make a huge impact both inside and outside of the sector.